- Rocket sauce
- 70g rocket
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch caster sugar
- 250 g fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 80 g piquillo peppers (buy in a jar), cut into 1 cm dice
- 1 large celery stick, finely diced
- 10g tarragon, finely chopped
- 20g coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 2 limes, plus 1 tablespoon of lime juice Half a red chilli, deseeded. Finely chopped.
Place all in processor and blitz until smooth. Add up to a tablespoon of water if needed.
Pan fry corn with a tablespoon of olive oil, cool then mix with the rest of the salsa ingredients. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
200 g chorizo , diced and pan fried
6 trimmed raw abalone, sliced, fried in pan used to cook chorizo, just before serving.
To assemble, for canape style in a Chinese spoon, place a tsp of sauce in spoon, top with salsa and chorizo, the abalone. This quantity would make about 30 serves.
If serving as an entree or main, smear some sauce on a plate, top with salsa, then layer abalone with chorizo across the salsa. Add some Greek yoghurt mixed with sumac as a dressing.
An alternative is to leave the rocket unprocessed, simply dressing it with the rice wine vinegar and olive oil, then top with salsa and abalone. This makes it appear a more substantial warm salad.