- 4 medium-sized fresh abalone (shelled and clean)
- 1 piece (4cm x 6cm) konbu seaweed, wiped dry with a paper towel
- 1 3cm thick daikon, blanched
- 3 chicken feet (nails removed, blanched hot water)
- 2 tbsp sake or shaoshing rice wine
- 1/2 roasted duck, cut into 35gm pieces
- 4 Chinese mushrooms
- 4 king prawns (shelled and de-veined)
- 1 daikon cut into large pieces (blanch in hot water)
- 30g dried oysters (soaked in warm water)
- 10g black moss (soaked in warm water)
- 1 bunch of bok choy
- 2 slices of ginger
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 300ml rich chicken stock
- 100ml abalone cooking liquid
- 20ml oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp light soy
- 1 tsp dark soy
- 1 tsp oil
- 20ml shaoshing wine
- 10gm water chestnut starch mixed with water
Recipe provided by Cheong Liew
Prepare the abalone and cryovac with Konbu, Daikon, Chicken Feet and Sake. Cook in boiling water OR steamer for 4.5 hours. Be sure to reserve the liquid.
Heat oil and fry prawns until pink. Add in, shallots, garlic and ginger slices, frying until fragrant. Next, add the Chinese mushrooms and stir fry for a few seconds before adding the light soy, oyster sauce, shaoshing wine, rich stock and abalone cooking liquid and bring to a boil.
Once hot, add the pre-prepared abalone and duck pieces before reducing heat and simmering for 30 minutes. Add the black moss, blanched daikon, bok choy and cooked prawns to the pan and heat through. Stir in the water chestnut mixture until the sauce thickens.
Serve on a large plate and enjoy with family and friends.